Thursday, April 28, 2011

Poem: These are a few of my favorite things

Raindrops on gravestones and whiskers on black cats
Dark velvet jackets and wild vampire bats
Black patent leather boots tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things!

The Headless Horseman’s steed and eyeball shaped candy
Church bells and suzu bells all just sound dandy
Ravens that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Girls in black dresses with acrylic sashes
Heavy eyeliner that won’t clump on eyelashes
A harsh and dark winter that comes before spring
These are a few of my favorite things

When the Day Crawlers gawk
When the clubs close
When the night fades to day,
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I will feel-
Slightly less gloomy!

-- Marisa Schiro

No comments:

Post a Comment